- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves only (approx. 10cm)
- 2-3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove
- 20g extra virgin olive oil
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 large tomatoes, peeled** and diced (or 1x can chopped tomatoes-I prefer organic and BPA free; fresh is best)
- 1x 400g canned cannellini beans (mixed beans, butter beans, chickpeas, kidney beans are all perfectly suitable too)
- 180g vegetable stock
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan or Celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 1 handful fresh parsley, finely chopped, stalks and leaves to garnish
- Place rosemary and thyme into mixing bowl and chop 10 seconds, speed 8. Set aside.
- Place onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop 3 seconds, speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
- Add olive oil, celery and carrot and sauté 5 minutes, varoma, speed 1 without MC in place.
- Add tomatoes, beans, stock, salt, chilli flakes and reserved chopped herbs and cook 12 minutes, 100ºC, reverse, speed 1.
- Pour soup into bowls and garnish generously with finely chopped parsley.
**To peel tomatoes, I carefully cut out the core of tomatoes with a paring knife (no need to cut the tomatoes in half), then place them in a bowl; pour over enough boiling water, from the kettle, to cover the tomatoes. Leave them in for a good 30 seconds, drain the water and the skin peels off easily – I use the knife to help it along.
I use olive oil in the Thermomix, as it cooks at maximum 120ºC which is NOT smoking point, so it is safe to cook with.
Please feel free to use which ever vegetables you have in your fridge that need using up: add some zucchini, chopped up spinach or kale, frozen peas etc.