Perfectly serves 4 as a side or 2 as a main
- 500g organic ricotta
- 150g organic white spelt flour
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- a pinch or 2 freshly ground black pepper
- 60g organic grated parmesan* – this is optional, but it does just add a beautiful flavour
- Place all ingredients into the TM bowl and knead dough until it comes together. Ensure you don’t over work the dough otherwise it will be too dense. If the dough is too sticky, add a little more flour.
- Turn out onto a non-stick silicon mat and divide dough into 4.
- Take 1 portion and roll it into a 1.5cm diameter log and using a pastry knife or spatula, cut into 2.5cm pieces. Lightly sprinkle with flour to prevent from sticking. Repeat this step with remaining portions. At this stage you can freeze gnocchi or cook straight away.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Gently place gnocchi into boiling water. When gnocchi is cooked, they float to the top, count to five and take them out with a slotted spoon.
- To serve: gently stir through your favourite roasted veggies e.g. pumpkin then drizzle olive oil, peas and crumbled fetta; or try smoked salmon pieces, thinly sliced snow peas, cherry tomatoes and olive oil; a parsley and basil pesto or try them with my mushroom gravy. You can also fry them in some butter or olive oil too.
- Gently combine all ingredients in a large bowl until a soft dough forms. Try not to over work the dough or it may become very dense. Divide into four portions.
- Roll out each portion into 1.5cm diameter, then cut into 2.5cm diamond shaped gnocchi. Lightly sprinkle gnocchi with flour to prevent from sticking.
- At this stage, gnocchi may be frozen or cook gnocchi in a large saucepan of salted boiling water. When gnocchi is cooked, they will float to the top after 3-4 minutes, count to five and take them out with a slotted spoon.
- Add to your favourite sauce, gravy, pesto etc.