- 1 onion, quartered
- 2 garlic cloves
- 20g butter or olive oil
- 250g mushroom, sliced, you can use a mixture of your favourite varieties Autumn is here so this means pine mushrooms are in season
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 450g chicken stock
- 100g cream
- 2-3 teaspoons arrowroot or corn flour
- ½ bunch continental parsley, roughly chopped
- 2-3 sprigs of dill
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½-1 lemon, juiced
- Place parsley, dill and thyme in TM bowl and chop 3-5 seconds, speed 6 and set aside.
- Place onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop, 3-5 seconds, speed 7; scrape down sides with spatula.
- Add oil or butter and sauté 5 minutes, varoma, speed 1.5.
- Next add to TM bowl, mushrooms, bay leaves, stock, salt and pepper and cook 12 minutes, 100ºC, reverse, speed 1.
- Dissolve arrowroot into cream and add to TM bowl and continue cooking until sauce has thickened 3-5 minutes, 100ºC, reverse, speed 1.
- Add herbs in the last 30 seconds then add lemon juice to taste.
- Finely dice onion, mince garlic cloves; add butter to a large frying pan and cook onion and garlic, stirring for five minutes or until softened.
- Add mushrooms and bay leaves, cook and stirring at the same time for another five minutes until softened.
- Next add stock, salt and pepper, simmer for 10 minutes.
- Dissolve arrowroot or corn flour into cream and add to gravy. Simmer for 2-3 minutes or until thickened slightly.
- Lastly add the herbs and lemon juice; stir through and adjust seasonings.
- Remove bay leaves and it’s ready to be served.