- 1 small onion, halved
- 100g organic butter, cubed
- 250g carrot, peeled, roughly chopped
- 100g tomato paste
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano or 1 tsp dried oregano or Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme, leaves only, or 1 tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp Himalayan pink or Celtic sea salt
- freshly cracked black pepper, to taste
- Place onion into TM bowl and chop 3 seconds, speed 5.
- Add 20g of butter and sauté 1 minute 30 seconds, varoma, speed 1.
- Place carrot into TM bowl and chop 5 seconds, speed 5.
- Add remaining butter, tomato paste, herbs, salt and pepper and cook for 7 minutes, 90ºC, speed 2.
- Blitz dip 30 seconds, slowly increasing dial to speed 10.
- When dip has cooled, serve with veggie sticks, crackers or use as a bread spread and top with tomato or cucumber slices. Keep in refrigerator if it doesn’t get devoured straight away 🙂
- Finely dice onion.
- Place onion into a medium frying pan and add 20g of butter, sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Grate the carrot, on a course vegetable grater.
- Add the grated carrots to frying pan, along with remaining butter, tomato paste, herbs, salt and pepper and cook on a medium heat till carrot is cooked down, 10-12 minutes. Then take off heat.
- Transfer mixture to a glass bowl or pyrex jug and blitz with a hand held mixer or place mixture into food processor and process till a smooth consistency is desired.
- When dip has cooled, serve with veggie sticks, crackers or use as a bread spread and top with tomato or cucumber slices. Keep in refrigerator if it doesn’t get devoured straight away.